Barrus Projects successfully passes certification and renews its membership in the International Federation of Freight Forwarders Associations for 2020
FIATA International Federation of Freight Forwarders Associations is a nongovernmental, membership-based organization representing the freight forwarding industry. Also known as the ‘Architects of Transport’, FIATA has Association Members and Individual Members in some 150 countries. In the freight forwarding industry, which is represented by FIATA, there are more than 40 thousand enterprises of all forms of ownership, which employ almost 10 million employees.
FIATA's main objectives are:
- 1. To unite the freight forwarding industry worldwide
- 2. To represent, promote and protect the interests of the industry by participating as advisors or experts in meetings of international bodies dealing with transportation
- 3. To familiarise trade and industry and the public at large with the services rendered by freight forwarders through the dissemination of information, distribution of publications, etc.
- 4. To improve the quality of services rendered by freight forwarders by developing and promoting uniform forwarding documents, standard trading conditions, etc.
- 5. To assist with vocational training for freight forwarders, liability insurance problems, tools for electronic commerce including electronic data interchange (EDI) and barcode.